Monday, May 07, 2007

Busy Busy!

The weekend just flew by! We were blessed with a beautiful sunny day for our dd's First Communion. It was just beautiful. She was chosen to read the responsorial psalm, so I was one PROUD momma!! :-) When she stood in front of everyone to read (and it was a full church, standing room only) she read so clearly and she just looked SO BIG. I almost cried. She was just so happy about the whole event, though, that it was hard for me to be too sad about my first little baby girl growing big so quickly.

On another note.......
I think that I am going to focus this week on organic gardening. It is a subject that I am very interested in, and I hope that I have a little bit of useful knowledge to share. LOL!!

So, to kick things off I have a wonderful garden essay passed on to us from our church's very own Fr. Pete:

Caring For Your Garden In The Spring Of Faith

Spring is just around the corner, so here are some ideas for your garden.

Plant three rows of PEAS:
Peace of mind
Peace of heart
Peace of soul

Plant four rows of SQUASH:
Squash gossip
Squash indifference
Squash grumbling
Squash selfishness

Plant four rows of LETTUCE:
Lettuce be faithful
Letuce be kind
Lettuce be patient
Lettuce really love one another

No garden is complete without TURNIPS:
Turnip for meetings
Turnip for service
Turnip to help one another

To conclude our garden, we must have THYME:
Thyme for each other
Thyme for family
Thyme for friends
Thyme for God

Water freely with PATIENCE and cultivate with LOVE.


Thanks, Fr. Pete!! I love my Sunday bulletin. :-)

No comments: