Monday, March 03, 2008

Still not Better

Someone came up to me after Mass yesterday and said "Boy, you guys sure aren't on the ball with this whole corned beef and cabbage thing." It was a person that I had previously considered a friend. I could feel my heart just sink. We have worked so hard and have done EVERYTHING in our power that we could to help promote this thing. We have been working on it since September. There is a little click thing going on at school made up of folks who have been there for a long time and have planned every church and school event. This person who said that to me is the "Queen Bee", so I fear that we have stepped on some toes by agreeing to do this rather than pass it on to them. But we were asked to do it and the Queen Bee announced early in the year that she was stepping back and letting other people do things in that school and church. We really didn't know that she didn't mean what she said. Oh well, too late now.

I am keeping on keeping on, though. If I fail, at least it won't be because I didn't try my very best.

I'm going to look at my seedling and plant a few more to help cheer myself up. Have a great day!!

No comments: