Friday, November 14, 2008

Easy Recipe

I really haven't had much, um, spare time lately. I have been blessed with a sweet, good natured little boy. But he did start out VERY little and as a result he needs to eat very frequently. No biggie, but the rest of the family needs to eat too so I have had to give myself a little break from my made-from-scratch-as-much-as-possible recipes since i have to spend lots of time feeding the mini one. I console myself with the fact that infancy is a fleeting moment in time and by next year I will be marveling at how big he is. But until then, I have to rely on a little convenience food Monday - Friday so that I can keep everyone fed.

I tried this recipe last night, and I do admit that is was incredibly tasty even though it probably isn't the best for you. And my kids and hubby loved it. I'm going to keep it in my recipe file, but in the future I will probably substitute fresh apples for the pie filling and homemade stuffing for the boxed. But with only three ingredients, this is a great recipe on those nights when time is a bit tight.

Pork Chops with apples and stuffing

1 pkg Stove Top stuffing mix for chicken (I used pork because I had it on hand)
1 can apple pie filling
6 boneless pork loin chops (1 1/2 lb), 3/4 inch thick

Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare stuffing as directed on package.
Spread pie filling onto the bottom of 13 x 9 inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Top with chops and stuffing. Cover with foil
Bake 30 min. Uncover. Bake an additional 10 min or until chops are cooked through (160 degrees F).
Enjoy!

From the Kraft Food and Family Magazine, Fall 2008

2 comments:

Tracy said...

thanks so much for sharing, sounds easy and good too!

Unashamed said...

MMM...What doesn't taste good with apples and stuffing?