Thursday, August 21, 2008

How to make fresh tomato sauce

Just 4 easy steps!!

Step 1: Walk out to your garden to pick some fresh, red, delicious tomatoes to use for your sauce.

Step 2: Remember half way there that you forgot to grab your basket. Opt to not go back and grab it. Real gardeners don't need no stinkin' basket. Right.

Step 3: Grab as many fresh, juicy, ripe tomatoes as your hands can hold. Then grab more. Because you don't want to have to walk back out to the garden to get more. Just REALLY load up.

Step 4: Attempt to leave the garden, but trip over an air molecule. Catch yourself enough to prevent bodily injury but not enough to prevent smashing all of those red, ripe, and juicy tomatoes all over the front of your shirt.

To add extra flavor, jump up and look around to make sure that nobody saw you. Then notice that your neighbor, who could really use a laugh, saw it all and is attempting to make sure that you are ok without bursting into a fit of uncontrollable laughter.

Yes, this really did happen. I think that my garden is mad at me for having a bad year so it is now seeking it's revenge.

4 comments:

sara said...

Watch that last air molecule - it's a doozy. You keep talking about tomatoes as if that's a bad garden, but to me that IS a garden! I think you're fab for pulling it off while preggers.

MoeyMichele said...

Well, you posted the nicest comment on my blog. Made me feel all warm n fuzzy n loved....thanks!!

About watching your neighbor's kids -- I totally understand where you are coming from -- I totally HATE watching other people's children, for exactly the same reasons. Have you done the deed yet, and how did it go?

Amity said...

hehe..hope you don't mind if I laugh. That is totally something that would happen to me.

a soldier's wife said...

I'm glad to hear you're okay, because I did get a really big chuckle out of this...it so sounds like something that would happen to me, without being pregnant!