Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Zucchini Fritters

This recipe was left for me in my comment section a few posts below this one by a sweet reader named Angie. The recipe is SO GOOD that I just had to move it up here to its own post in order to do it justice. Even my hubby, who only eats zucchini bread, loved it. So I have to send a big "Thank you" out to Angie for expanding my zuchinni options and encourage the zucchini shy folks out there to try this recipe. It is very, very good.

(Angie, I hope that you don't mind me doing this. If so, please let me know and I will remove this post. This is a great recipe! My kids gobbled them up and asked for more.)

Zucchini Fritters
1/3 cup biscuit mix
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups shredded zucchini, unpeeled
butter or margarine

Stir together biscuit mix, Parmesan cheese and pepper. Stir in beaten eggs just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in zucchini.

Melt butter in a skillet, spoon zucchini mixture in like you are making pancakes. Cook until browned on both sides. You can serve these with a little bbq sauce, but my favorite condiment with them is ranch dressing.

8 comments:

Amity said...

This sounds yummy!!
I like to take zucchini, slice it, put some garlic salt, parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of pepper and then bake it in the oven..VERY good!!

KitKat said...

Mmmm...that sounds good too! Have you ever tried it on the grill? Do you think it would work? We are supposed to grill out this weekend for Labor Day and this may be a good way to use up my abundance of zucchini.

Unashamed said...

This sounds good and I might just try it tonight!!

Zucchini on the grill is my favourite though. I slice it and cook it in a bbq wok. It's good with garlic, balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and a little salt and pepper. We've also done it with italian dressing and parmesan. Oh mama!

angie said...

I'm honored that you liked the recipe so well that you would give it its own blog entry! :)

Tracy said...

Its sounds fantastic.. my hubby will love it.. thanks for sharing:)

Deeny said...

Cool another Biscuit mix recipe! And I have lots of fresh zuchinni in the fridge. :-)
I think I'll try that today.I am home alone today-- all kiddos back in school.

Just a Coincidence - I had just posted about biscuit mix and all it's uses especially useful to the college student on my blog. (DD went back to the University and back to dorm life 2 weeks ago) So I posted it mostly for her.
Starving College Student Survival: Biscuit Mix to the Rescue
http://deenyssimplejoys.blogspot.com/2008/08/starving-college-student-survival.html

Anyway thanks for the recipe. PS I also read your story about coming into the catholic church on your other blog. Congratulations. I was received into full communion Last Nov 2007 and Hubby was just received into full communion this July. Darling College Daughter is in RCIA now and will be received into dull communion this Nov. and my boys are going to be baptized. I came to the Catholic church from a varied but mostly fundamentalist background. Anyway Have a Great Day Deana

Tracy said...

hey kitkat.. hope your feeling good:)
There is a surprise for you at my blog.. have a lovely day!!!

Anonymous said...

Here is our favorite Zucchini recipe:

Zucchini Slices

3 med or 4 small zucchini, grated (approx 8 cups)
6-8 slices cooked bacon, crisp
1 med onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 c cheese (any kind), grated
1 1/2 c flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 c oil
6 eggs
salt & pepper to taste

Mix 1st 6 ingredients in large bowl. Mix oil and eggs in separate bowl and then add to rest and mix well.

Line a large cookie sheet with foil and grease well (I spray with Pam). Pour batter onto cookie sheet and bake 50 minutes at 370. Cool in pan, flip cookie sheet over and peel foil off slowly, flip bake over and slice.

Delicious hot or cold!!