Saturday, April 14, 2007

Could someone please tell me.....

just when it became acceptable to play "Don't cha" by the PussyCat Dolls at a roller skating party for 7 & 8 year olds? Or even "Sexy Back". Am I just getting old? Ugh!!! And yes, we did complain. :-) Heck hath no fury like a gaggle of Catholic school moms watching our children skate to stuff like that.

The funny part was, the kids had the most fun when they played Crazy Frog so it's not like they had to play the other stuff for the kids.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Ugh, no good!! I was on hold at Toys R Us this evening listening to rap. Yuck! I think the worst is those "Kid Pop" CDs out there...pop songs sung by kids for kids. Britney Spears songs being sung by five year olds. What?? Whatever happened to Wee Sing or the like?

MoonStar said...

Just society sexualizing our children at an even younger age...SICK!!!

KitKat said...

I am so gald that I am not the only one who thinks that our kids are just getting exposed to stuff too soon. And you are so right Courtney! I find children singing Britney's songs even more disturbing than her singing them.

I noticed that most of these kids (the 8 - 10 or 11 year olds) seem to want to still be kids when left to themselves. It really does seem to be that general "society" things that allows them to go in the wrong direction. And I refuse to call them Tweens! Boy am I getting old! One day I am going to catch myself saying "these kids these days....." :-)