Saturday, April 21, 2007

I'm so behind on my to-do list!

The weather here today is finally beautiful! Yea!! The sun is certainly bright, and with all this sunlight I can finally see just how horrible my yard and garden look. :-( So, to give myself some motivation I am going to post my outside to-do list. (I won't even get into my inside list. I am behind on that as well. *Sigh* But at least folks driving past our home can't see the inside. Just as long as they don't ring the doorbell..........)

1. PLANT MY VEGGIES!! I am planting broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peas, green onions, spinach, and lettuce for the spring season.

2. Get my strawberry patch back in order. It has a mind of it's own and is now invading the spinach. (If anyone is interested, strawberries and spinach grow well together.)

3. Weed and edge flower and shrub beds. Add more mulch where needed.

4. Trim all bushes, shrubs, trees, and ornamental grasses.

5. Put the rocks back in the rock beds. We have a Siberian Husky who loves to run through my rocks. What a mess!

6. Fill places where the Husky has tried to dig under the fence and plant grass seed. (Yep, the Husky loves to dig out and go for her own walks. It gives me fits.)

7. Powerwash the patio.

8. Touch up any rust on my garden fence.

9. Clean out planters, wash, and refill with fresh soil. Replace planters that silly me left out all winter so that they would crack. (Yes, I really did that. We had a really early frost and cold snap last fall. I just kinda forgot about them until it was too late.)

10. Fix outdoor lanterns so that they are standing up straight again. Add fill under edging blocks that have sunk.

Oh if only that were all that I have to do outside! But this should be enough to keep me very busy this weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone!! :-)

No comments: