Thursday, April 19, 2007

Humble Pie tastes icky....

But I am going to serve myself up a slice. Before I type anything else, I am going to scroll down to my post from last Sunday about "A better use of your time" and take my own advice........

Ok, I'm back. :-) There is a blogger who is going through a very scary ordeal right now. I'm not going to link to it because I don't want to exploit her sorrow and because I strongly disagree with most things that she has been posting over the past few months. If you know who I am talking about then you will understand that I became especially angry with her a few weeks ago when she was going on an anti-Catholic rant and she didn't post my comment that said simply "*****, I am sure that you are now aware that your blog has readers that span across many Christian denominations. We may have different religious beliefs, but we all share the desire to be the best wives and mothers that we can be. Perhaps we can all find common ground. I am not asking you to change your beliefs but to simply consider that your attacks of other denominations could hurt some of the very people who read and support your blog." My comment was NEVER posted. Whatever. It made me angry, but I just stopped sending her comments. Why do I still go there if I find her site disturbing? There was a time when I was able to sort through the stuff that I didn't agree with and leave the rest. I guess I keep hoping that she'll head back in that direction. I also have an old friend who goes there and posts. This friend has become an IFB and won't talk to me anymore because I am seriously considering joining the RCIA program in the fall. It's how I check to make sure that she is still ok.

Anyway, this blogger is going through something terrible right now involving one of her children. I have been debating whether or not I should leave her a comment letting her know that she is in my prayers. But a funny thing happened when I was reading through her comment section. I saw the names of people who I know are Catholic (from reading various blogs) who let her know that they are praying for her. (In case you didn't know, this blogger is very hostile toward the Catholic religion. She doesn't consider them Christians and has gone out of her way on several occasions to make folks who tried to defend Catholicism look like horrible people. Now, she won't even let Catholics comment in their own defense because she considers it false doctrine.) I'm not even sure if she or her loyal followers are aware of who they are. I was truly humbled when I read what these kind ladies had to say. (Don't worry, I won't reveal any identities!!)

I'm going to go now, put aside my pettiness, and let her know that I have been praying for her. I am a mother, and I know that a mother's heart bleeds for her children. I pray that she can find peace and strength.

6 comments:

Chrissy said...

I don't quite know what to make of all that's going on over there. It's a hard call because all any blog reader sees of the author and their life is what the author chooses to reveal. Does that make sense?

Please know that I'm not passing judgment in any way. Just my thoughts on the matter. I'm praying for a good outcome as well.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chrissy! Yep, that does make perfect sense and I have been trying REALLY hard not to let my own personal opinions of what may or may not have happened get in the way of praying for a good outcome.

And no, I don't think that you are passing judgment. :-) I'm just trying really hard not to. I spent 6 years in college studying psych and early child development. My "spidey sense" sometimes gets the best of me. Sometimes it is too easy for me to be a spectator pop psychologist.

(grr! blogger still won't let me log in to comment on my own blog!!)

Courtney said...

Well your post piqued my interest, so I broke my fast and headed over there to see what was up. Hmm...I'm not sure what to make of the situation either, but since I frequently offer up prayers for that family, it seems wise to continue! Some of the situation seems fishy, but from what little I've read over there recently it does seem like they're having a tough time.

Tanya said...

Yes, Chrissy I agree w/your comment - I had the same thoughts on this.

I had hesitated to tell her I am praying but then I figure at this point the most I can do is be a good Catholic witness to her without debating her beliefs. (She knows I'm Catholic and has refused to post some of my comments to her also.) I'm not sure why I keep going back to her blog, I guess when she's not bashing Catholics I do enjoy reading what she has to say. And maybe God is drawing us back there because He knows she needs some powerful Catholic intercession.

We may not know all the details, but we *can* pray for God's will to be done, for the best outcome for this little child and his parents. I just can't imagine going through this heartache. I'm praying a Rosary for her tomorrow (but I won't give her that little detail). :)

MoeyMichele said...

LOL, you girls! I'm not Catholic and I'm trying to make sense of it too. It's all a bit of a hmmmmmm.....but my prayers are also definitely with her. Thanks for praying.

KitKat said...

Just a little update for anyone reading - The child has come home and all is well. Thank God for that!