Chrissy tagged me for this meme. Here are the rules:
Each player lists eight facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags eight people and posts their names, then goes over to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they have been tagged and asking them to go read your blog.
1. I have naturally blonde hair and green(ish) eyes. My hair used to be such a wonderful light blonde color that people thought that I dyed it. It has, of course, lost it's brilliance with age and pregnancy. But it sure was fun while it lasted. :-)
2. I found out that I had skin cancer (melanoma) right before my 30th birthday. Always wear sunscreen and cover up in the sun, ESPECIALLY if you are a natural blonde with light eyes and freckles. (That's it for the public service announcements, I promise!)
3. I also found out that I have Hashimoto's disease a few months before my 30th birthday. If this is what 30 means, I can't wait to see what 40 has in store for me! LOL!!
4. I am recovering from a nasty Pepsi addiction. I gave it up for Lent this year, and it has been a struggle to stay away. But let's hear it for my new addiction: iced tea with no sugar.
5. I am a secret "metal head". (Just in case I lost anyone, I love music that falls into the category of rock, metal, etc. None of the nordic death metal or anything like that. Just the fun rocking stuff.) Shocked?? Me too. I figured that I would grow out of it, but my musical taste has stayed pretty much the same ever since I was able to pick my own music.
6. I met my husband when I was 14 years old. We dated for a bit after I turned 15 and then broke up. For eight years. It's a long story, maybe I'll tell it later.
7. I always thought that I was a city girl, but the older that I get the more that I understand the country life. I want land so that I can grow more veggies.
8. I've never had a professional manicure, but that's going to change soon.
Well, there you go. Hope you all still like me! I know that most people have already done this, so I tag whoever would like to do this and hasn't done it yet.
Have a great weekend and a Happy Father's Day!