Thursday, June 21, 2007

Sicko

My beloved DH has been down for two days with a nasty case of, um, something. We're not quite sure what it is (because he won't go to the doctor ;-) LOL!), but it has made him miserable and he is usually pretty tough. It started with a sore throat and stuffy nose, then it upgraded to include a cough, body aches, and fever. Is it the flu, strep, ??? Who knows, but I am going to super clean today (as he is actually returning to the land of the living and has gone to work) and take my trusty can of Lysol around to every room in the house.

On the bright side, it is cool enough here today that I have shut off the a/c. It looks like my broccoli survived the string of 90 degree temps, and my peas sustained only minor heat damage. I rely on my garden to not only provide fresh healthy, organic food but also to help me save money. Last year I was able to freeze enough peas, carrots, and broccoli at the end of the fall season to last me until late December. It really did help my grocery budget to not have to buy a ton of veggies. I intend to try to put up a post about how I was able to do this organically (which saves not only your health but also your pocketbook!!) and in a small space, but I'm not able to get to it quite yet. :-(

Anyway, I am off to de-sickie my house and get it clean for this weekend. Wish me luck, I am way behind on my cleaning and I have to get this done by Saturday!

Have a great day!!

9 comments:

Chrissy said...

I'm a Lysol junkie! I use it like crazy, but it really works. Hope your Hubby is fully recovered soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey! You got my link correct. Thanks! :)

Unashamed said...

Sounds like the flu to me...

I'd really enjoy hearing about your gardening adventures. I always have the best of intentions of putting up vegetables but then I always seem to end up giving them away instead. Saving money in the grocery budget is always a good thing!

a soldier's wife said...

I hope your hubby continues to feel better. I love Lysol!! I use it everywhere ;-)
I love reading about your gardening. I can't wait until I can have one. I'm hoping next year to at least try some container gardening.

Anonymous said...

Kitkat,
Melaleuca makes a disinfectant that we use in our home. Its called Sol-U-Guard Botanical® Disinfectant.

We love it!

Anonymous said...

Heres the link for it: http://www.melaleuca.com/ps/index.cfm?f=ps.productDetail&pid=361&pType=1&sCatId=1216

MoeyMichele said...

I'm looking forward to seeing how your garden grows!

KitKat said...

Lady of RFH, that disinfectant sounds cool. I'm going to have to check it out. Thanks for the link.

I'm thinking that Unashamed is right about it being the flu. Too many other symptoms for it to be strep, but his throat is the worst so it made us wonder. And yep, he still hasn't gone to the doctor. :)

Soldier's wife, Container gardening is great!! You can grow lots of stuff in container. And if you are REALLY serious about it you can get these things called earth boxes that are designed just for container gardening.

Courtney said...

I'm sorry to hear your husband's been sick, but glad to hear he's on the mend. I hope this week rejuvenates him too!