I have been tagged by Lady RFH for a "Random Things about Me" list. But before I get into that, I just have to tell everyone that Grandma actually got to go home from the hospital yesterday. :) She seems to have suffered some damage to her facial muscles, but the CAT scans are not showing any other signs of damage. She's still a bit physically weak, but she should improve slightly over the coming weeks. She has an appointment with her doctor next week, and that is when they should let us know if she needs any physical therapy, etc. I guess that any lingering damage takes some time to show up. I'd like to send out a big thanks to everyone who said a prayer for her. She was very fortunate that there was not more damage.
And without any further delay ~
Random (and perhaps boring) things about ME:
1. My favorite candy bar is NOT a KitKat bar, although I do enjoy them a lot. I'd have to go with Snickers or Payday if I had to pick a favorite candy bar.
2. My favorite color is GREEN, and my hubby hates green. It does make decorating the house a bit of a compromise. But at least my garden is green, so I win there. ;)
3. Most of my friends have switched their music preference to Country, but I just can't let the whole Metal/Rock chick thing go. I can listen to all types of music, but when I am left to my own preferences I always go back to the rock. It's in my blood and I am pathetic.
4. But I do have a soft spot for Country. I was raised on it. If I had to pick some favorite current artists, I would have to go with Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, and Toby Keith. In the "Old School" category, I have a secret love of all things Patsy Cline and Loretta Lynn.
5. Falling under the rock chick category: I have always wanted to do a cartwheel across two Jaguars while wearing a white dress. (Ladies of a certain age KNOW where I got that idea from.) ;) But at this point in my life, it's just not worth the hospital bills.
6. I studied to become a psychologist in college. I was going to change the world and help people. I never got my degree because I got married and then became pregnant with my oldest DD shortly after our wedding.
7. If I were to go back to college, it would NOT be for psychology. I no longer believe that the discipline of psychology is beneficial to society as a whole. Don't get me wrong, there are LOTS of wonderful people in the field of psychology who do many great things to help people on an individual level. Without these dedicated professionals, many people would be left to suffer with the effects of mental illnesses like depression, etc. But I also believe that the idea that we are somehow slaves to our genetic programming and abnormal impulses has done society as a whole much more harm than good. Certain aspects of psychology have become part of the liberal agenda, and I cannot participate in something that I don't believe in. OK, I am stepping off of my soapbox now...........
8. My mom and many of my relatives on her side of the family suffer from depression, other types of mental illnesses, and thyroid disease. That is the reason why I wanted to pursue a degree in psychology.
9. I have been a stay-at-home Mom for 9 years and I no longer know what I want to be when I grow up. ;) But I do dream of working as a home health care worker for the elderly if/when I need to return to the work force. I guess that I have a strong need to take care of people.
10. Sometimes I think that I want another baby, but sometimes I think that I am just too old now (even though I'm really not that old). So I'm leaving it up to God.
11. I have never travelled outside of the United States. That's going to change.
This post is officially too long now, so I am going to get back to cleaning my house. Hope that everyone has a wonderful day.