Monday, July 02, 2007

A sad confession......

I'm not as young as I used to be. There, I said it. I keep trying to deny it, even though I the mirror tries to tell me that I am not in my 20's anymore. I can ignore what is in the mirror, but there is no ignoring what my body is telling me.

There was a time in my life when I could go out, stay up until all hours of the night, and then go to work the next morning. Yeah, I was a bit tired, but I could still make it through the day and be somewhat productive. Um, NOT ANYMORE. If I stay up until, let's say, 3:00 AM talking to my cousin and her husband like I did when they came over for a visit on Saturday I am completely useless the next day. We're talking useless as in sleeping on the couch until 11:00 am and ordering pizza for dinner.

Please remind me to never do that again. EVER.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! Poor thing. :(

Kitkat,
Don't stay up all night! :D

Unashamed said...

I couldn't stay up past 11 pm if my life depended on it!

a soldier's wife said...

I forget my age sometimes, and then I pass a mirror and it comes back fast ;-) I'm usually in bed at the latest by 10pm and to me that is staying up late. I don't know how I used to do it.