Courtney and Anita tagged me for this wonderful Meme:
Five things that I dig about Jesus
Here are the Rules:
Those tagged will share 5 things they "dig" about Jesus.
Those tagged will tag 5 other bloggers.
Those tagged will provide a link in the comments section here with their name so that others can read them.
I'm going to agree with Courtney about changing the word "dig" to "love" because it suits me a bit better.
So here we go...............
5 Things I Love about Jesus:
1. He loves me despite the fact that I am truly a poor miserable sinner.
2. He loves mankind so much that he was willing to suffer and die for us.
3. I find it incredibly touching that he loved his mother so much that he made sure that she would be cared for after he was gone from this earth WHILE he was suffering and dying on the cross.
2. His ability to show his humanity makes me feel a bit less unworthy. He hung around with a wide variety of people here on earth, too, so I am ever hopeful that I would have been able to hang around him had I been alive at that time. Could you just imagine being able to see him on earth??
1. Those times in my life when I felt that I was unable to carry on were the times when he would pick me up, dust me off, and lovingly carry my soul until I found the strength that I needed to continue on. He is truly my strength and refuge.
Both Courtney and Anita gave so much better answers than I did, so be sure to check them out.
I am horrible at tagging people, and the few that I would tag I am sure have already been. So I am going to say that I would be honored if you would do this Meme, and leave me a comment letting me know that you have. ;)
I think that this is a perfect post to share one of my favorite quotes:
Christ with me, Christ before me,
Christ behind me, Christ in me.
Christ beneath me, Christ above me.
Christ on my right hand, Christ on my left,
Christ where I lie, Christ where I sit,
Christ where I arise.
Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me;
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks to me.
Christ in every eye that sees me;
Christ in every ear that hears me.
Salvation is of the Lord; salvation is of Christ.
May your salvation, O Lord, be ever with us.
~ The Breastplate of St. Patrick