Summer has been in full swing here in the Midwest, and all of this heat made me start to think about the things that I love about summer. I know that everyone is just waiting on edge to hear my deep thoughts about the season (please note heavy sarcasm here), so I took the time to make up a "top ten" list.
Top ten things that I LOVE about summer (in no particular order):
10. The ease of summer dressing around the house. Nothing says "Relax" like shorts and flip flops or sundresses.
9. Swimming in the pool with the kids on hot summer afternoons.
8. Swimming in the pool with my hubby on hot summer nights after we put the kids in bed.
7. Lightning bugs, fireflies, or whatever you call them in your neck of the woods.
6. Lemonade, preferably with a shot of Absolute Peach. Am I a bad girl?
5. Watching my hubby grill our dinner. He looks so manly around fire. ;)
4. Iced Tea.
3. Long, sunny, hot days followed by warm nights and campfires. S'mores, anyone.?.
1. My garden, of course.
And, just for the sake of balance, here is my other top ten list ~
Top Ten things that I HATE about summer (in no particular order):
10. Me, in a bathing suit
9. Repeat sentence above 9 more times.
Well, there you go! :-) Does anyone else have anything that they love about summer? I'm in a summer mood, can you tell?